Paws in the Park Dog Walk & Fest 2012 is the county's largest dog walk. We’re excited to continue our partnership with the City of Gaithersburg at our new location at Bohrer Park at Summit Hall Farm in Gaithersburg.
Paws in the Park is fun for the entire family, featuring a mile walk, pet games, demos, a “flealess” market for pet-friendly vendors, food, music, prizes, raffles, rescue groups and more! Check out last year’s event. Great prizes will be awarded to the top online fundraisers. Check them out here!
We are excited to announce that 97.1 WASH FM will be the official radio sponsor again this year! On-air personality Maureen McLain will be attending the walk with her dog who was adopted from MCHS.
Helping animals is a walk in the park. Your pledges will:
• Raise much-needed funds for homeless, abandoned and abused animals
• Make a difference in the lives of the dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, reptiles, birds and all the other animals in our care
• Support life-saving programs and services such as animal preventative medical care, training and enrichment, humane education, adoption counseling, animal behavior assistance and much more
Questions: 240.401.8144 • email@example.com
Lots of volunteers are needed to make this event the best it can be! To help at Paws in the Park, contact David Poole, Volunteer Coordinator at 240.773.5969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you there!
REGISTRATION only takes a few minutes. Register here. You may register as an individual or a family.
Once you’ve registered, create your own online fundraising webpage to help MCHS meet its goal of raising more than $30,000 -- upload your photo or pet’s photo, include your personal message and fundraising goal. Then send the link to your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to encourage them to sponsor you and your pet.
And, ask if your employer has a matching gift program -- it can double your pledges and get you that much closer to one of our top prizes!
• All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination and be licensed.
• All walkers are welcome, with or without a dog.
• For safety reasons, well-behaved dogs only -- no other pets may walk
• All walkers must read and sign the waiver at check-in.
• Female dogs in season may not participate.
• Dogs must be leashed (6' maximum leash length) and kept under control at all times. No retractable leashes, please.
• Unruly or aggressive dogs will be asked to leave.
• Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership at all times during the event
• Online registration will close on Saturday, April 28 @ MIDNIGHT
• You may register on-site the day of the event starting at 12pm.
Thank you for supporting MCHS and Paws in the Park!